- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“If you only knew how little time there is left for you to become equipped to carry My Word to a dying land. Have you noticed how far the world has migrated from reality as I see it? Do you see how they have lost all reason? Children are killing children. Parents are abandoning their families to fulfill their own desires, leaving them to strangers without any remorse. A spirit of hatred and murder has permeated the minds of those who have lost all reason and now function as pawns of the enemy. Being driven by Satan, they can no longer even think for themselves. Animalistic lusts have become so prevalent, that wisdom is nowhere to be found. People have truly become lovers of only themselves. Your society has become so decadent that any presentation of My Word, or the work that Jesus did, are laughed at, scorned, and cast aside as dirty laundry.
"Still, My heart reaches out to them in mercy. I desire that everyone should be with Me for eternity. You must tell them. Shake off the spirit of the world that says they have gone too far and are out of reach of My grace. Put aside your own selfishness and care more for their salvation than your own comfort. Stop being so proud of your relationship with Me and become thankful once again for the cross. You need to remember where you were when I found you and gave you My gift of life. Where would you be if I had not had mercy on you? Give that same mercy to others before it is too late. I have called you; now share Jesus with those who laugh at you. They laughed at Him, but He still went to the cross. You do the same.”
John 20:20-21 NIV
20) After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.
21) Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”
Ephesians 5:1-2 AMP
1) THEREFORE BE imitators of God [copy Him and follow His example], as well-beloved children [imitate their father].
2) And walk in love, [esteeming and delighting in one another] as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us, a slain offering and sacrifice to God [for you, so that it became] a sweet fragrance.
II Tim. 3:1-2 AMP
1) BUT UNDERSTAND this, that in the last days will come (set in) perilous times of great stress and trouble [hard to deal with and hard to bear].
2) For people will be lovers of self and [utterly] self-centered, lovers of money and aroused by an inordinate [greedy] desire for wealth, proud and arrogant and contemptuous boasters. They will be abusive (blasphemous, scoffing), disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy and profane.
As necessary as it is for each of us to recognize the times and seasons in which we live, and lay our lives down to become all that we can be in Jesus, most of us are missing the heart of God. In our zeal to become like Jesus, somehow, we have lost His love for souls, when that was the very purpose for which He came. It is impossible to separate that desire from who He is!
When was the last time you wept over those who are lost? Conversely, how often have you cheered deep down in your heart when someone “got what was coming to them” after committing a horrible crime? Which of those do you think Jesus would do? He even cried out for forgiveness from the cross for those who had pounded the rusty nails in His hands and feet.
All that our Father in heaven does prepares us for two purposes. He prepares us as a waiting bride so that we are ready for marriage at the coming of Jesus and as servants of His will while we wait. Most of the church is responding fully to neither. How that must hurt His heart!
Needing to submit to and act upon my Father’s desires,