- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“Do you ever wonder why I sometimes call attention to your sins when we are alone? It is because I am your dedicated Father, Who loves you very much. Your relationship with Me is very real and I cherish it more than you could ever know. I’ve commanded the universe into being. I’ve set the stars to be immovable from their position, but I have gently called you to Me. You are so important to Me that I sometimes whisper your name. You are far more than some command that I’ve issued. You are a thoughtful desire whom I’ve created for Myself. I remember each moment that We’ve shared together.
"When you are too busy to spend time with Me, I miss you very much. When you are involved in sin, I must turn My face because of what you are doing; but I have never turned My back, and I never will. I sometimes remind you of your faults when We’re together to get them out of the way of Our communication. You only need to remember to give them to Me; I have the power to eliminate them. Once they’re gone, they no longer hinder Us from sharing with one another. I love that kind of interaction. It is more important to Me than nations, governments, or world situations. Those are all passing away, but Our relationship is just beginning.
"Think intently on this; never forget it. I love you very much. You are the very desire of My heart. When We need to get serious about the changes that are needed in you, We’ll deal with them swiftly to remove them from you for your good. Otherwise, I’m going to enjoy every moment that We have together. I am planning on many of those moments. That’s why I’ve brought you to Me.”
Deut. 31:6 NIV
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
Ps. 139:15-16 NIV
15) My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16) your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
1 Peter 1:3-4 NIV
3) Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4) and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil, or fade – kept in heaven for you…
Rev. 3:19-20 AMP
19) Those whom I [dearly and tenderly] love, I tell their faults and convict and convince and reprove and chasten [I discipline and instruct them]. So be enthusiastic and in earnest and burning with zeal and repent [changing your mind and attitude].
20) Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears and listens to and heeds My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will eat with him, and he [will eat] with Me.
Honest, unquestioning love - what an incredible gift! So often I forget what this life with Christ is all about. I get caught up in the training and forget about the hope, the joy, and the astounding privilege.
Think about it. All of us are being refined and made into the image of our Lord and Savior. We are unfinished, yes, but we are accepted. While that process is being accomplished, we have been given the remarkable gift of fellowshipping with each other, and also with our Father God.
Our fellowship with each other is supposed to be a safe place for us, and in certain situations it is. Other times, it is used to make us grow. Our fellowship with our Father, however, is designed to bring us life - real, eternal, vibrant life. Whenever we go to Him, He always imparts Himself to us. We always come away better and wiser in Him, even if He has issues with us that need to be dealt with. It is always a winning situation.
A while ago, the Lord showed me some of the needs of His church, and they were many. As I reflect back though, He was not showing me in the context of needs that I should address. He was releasing me from judgment. He was showing me His hope, which is an eternal hope in His power to bring the true church of Jesus Christ into the place that we were designed to be - a positive, flowing companionship of love. He wanted me to know that the thought of giving up on any of us who want more of Him never enters His mind.
Needing to remember more of the “why,” rather than focusing on the “what,”