- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“Look closely at those whom I have placed in your life. Pray to see why they are there. Some are there to expose who you really are. Others are there to represent who I am. Still others are there simply to bless you with what I have done in them. Nothing is by chance when you are part of My life. Make sure you begin to honor each moment that you have breath. Time is passing and you will miss much that I have for you if you only concentrate on your needs. Cherish everything. Enjoy the days that are yours. Make sure that when your time is complete, you have few regrets because of wasted moments, inordinate fears, or broken relationships. You can never recoup what was planned through them once they have passed. Stop looking only for results. Enjoy Our trip together and with others that I give you. I designed it especially for you.”
Eccl. 3:1 AMP
to everything there is a season, and a time for every matter or purpose under heaven:
Ps. 90:12 AMP
So teach us to number our days, that we may get us a heart of wisdom.
Romans 15:1-7 NIV
1) “We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves.
2) Each of us should please his neighbor for his good, to build him up.
3) For even Christ did not please himself, as it is written: “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me”
4) For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through endurance and the encouragement of the Scriptures we might have hope.
5) May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus,
6) so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7) Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.”
I have the great honor of being an observer and sometimes, it seems, almost a participant in the lives of certain people who are experiencing a Christ-like, God-ordained life modification. They are going through challenges that are forming them into the image of Jesus. It is incredibly exciting to witness astounding growth, as they submit to heavy trials, joyful times, and everything in between.
What is most interesting, as I observe their lives, is how real it all is. They are the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the work of the cross, and the power of the resurrection from the tomb being worked out and fulfilled right before my eyes. As they are being formed, I am seeing how truthful the Word and its promises really are. How horrible it would be to have missed the opportunity by deciding not to get involved.
Thank You for every Christ–life experience,