- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“I would like to use you as a mirror to others. I would like to place My presence in you, so that those who come in contact with you must examine their ways. In knowing you, they will need to make choices in their lives. They will see who they are or see who they need to be, just as those who met Jesus did. I want you to reflect Him with your life. You must understand, however, that the cost to you is high. The price for a true reflection of Jesus is the total elimination of you. Your heart must be so sold out to Him that you no longer exist as you once were.
"Do not be surprised at how alone you are when I place My presence with you. Few of those who come to you will understand what is happening to them because of My worth that is at work through you. You will be rejected often for no apparent reason, and you will no longer fit with many people or belong many places. The only place you will be truly at peace will be with Me. I have planned it that way.”
Mark 6:30-32 NIV
30) The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to him all they had done and taught.
31) Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”
32) So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place.
Matt. 14:22-23 NIV
22) Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd.
23) After he had dismissed them, he went up into the hills by himself to pray.
Luke 8:43, 44&46 NIV
43) And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her.
44) She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped……
46) But Jesus said, “Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me.”
Have you ever wondered why Jesus continually desired to go away and be with His Father? I believe that with His Father was the only place He really belonged. It was also where He could be restored and refreshed.
Anyone who has ever functioned under a heavy anointing knows the price that is paid for doing so. It is exhausting to be so deeply in tune and acutely involved for a few minutes - or possibly several hours - focused only on being obedient to the will of the Father. Think of functioning and flowing that way every moment of every day. Jesus did that in human form, so He felt the incredible weight of who He was. People, such as the woman with the issue of blood, took something from Him simply by being in His presence or touching Him. His power was continually being released to meet the many needs continually present wherever He went.
If the Lord places an anointing on your life - not just on some special times, but on every moment of every day - you will be exhausted unless you make it your priority to go to the Father for restoration and refreshing. You will soon realize that being with Him is the most important place for you to be. You will find yourself making excuses to those around you to steal away to be with the One you love most and the only One who fills your being. As was said above, that is the way He planned it for those He loves and who love Him.
Make me a reflection of You, Lord,