- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“Joyfully follow the leading of My Holy Spirit. Move in concert with His desires. Delight yourself in Me and I will place desires in you that sometimes are illogical by the world’s standards. I will ask you to love deeper, give more, and worry less. I will join you with others who have the same heart that you have. You will walk together for no apparent reason other than it is My will for you to do so. Each of you will have a part in reaching My people for this end-time season. You will be helping hands to each other and to those to whom I send you. Invest in each other unashamedly. Love without reason other than I have called you to love as Jesus loved. Be My hands! Be My heart! Be the example of Jesus. He was not limited by the conventions of the day. He just loved until there was no more to give. Then He gave more. Now He continues to give, just because He can!”
Matthew 6:19-21 NIV
19) “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.
20) But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal.
21) For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.”
Matthew 16:22-23 NIV
22) Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!”
23) Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Out of my sight, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.”
Matthew 16:24-25 AMP
24) Then Jesus said to His disciples, If anyone desires to be My disciple, let him deny himself [disregard, lose sight of, and forget himself and his own interests] and take up his cross and follow Me [cleave steadfastly to Me, conform wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying, also].
25) For whoever is bent on saving his [temporal] life [his comfort and security here] shall lose it [eternal life]; and whoever loses his life [his comfort and security here] for My sake shall find it [life everlasting].
The above verses make no sense to the world! In each one of them, the Lord shows us a way of living that is only for kingdom subjects, those aspiring to live as Jesus lived.
I love the verses in Matthew 16 above. Good ol’ Peter! Doing what would be the right thing to do if he was supposed to walk in logic and typical thinking. He could only see the carnal and how the normal person would love someone. He was limited to his earthly way of doing things.
God has given us heavenly, Holy Spirit ways to love, live, and walk out our portions in life. He has His own set of rules for us. He says that we should never limit our love to one another. He says that we should be joined with those to whom He sends us because we are called to work together. He says that there should be no limit to our service to Him and to them. We are to treasure the things He treasures.
In these end times, our Lord is joining together those who desire the deeper, more Christ-like way of living. He is asking us to function as Jesus functioned toward one another and toward those who need to know Him. He is placing us in positions where we can pour out the resources that He has given us – love, time, talents, comfort, finances, (the list is endless) - with joyous freedom as led by the Holy Spirit. There is no limit to His love toward us. He is asking us to live the same way toward others, no matter how silly or foolish it may appear to those who can only see with carnal eyes.
Teach me to love as You love, Lord,