- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“How many beats are left in your heart? How many moments are there before you see Me face to face with the unchangeable product of your life in your hands? How many crowns do you have to lay at the feet of Jesus? Let’s talk! What are you focused on today that has little eternal effect? What concerns your time that will mean nothing on that day? Why are you placing top priority on it if I haven’t asked you to do so? I consider that foolish!”
Hebrews 10:32-36 NIV
32) Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you stood your ground in a great contest in the face of suffering.
33) Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated.
34) You sympathized with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions.
35) So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.
36) You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised.
The Word says that only a fool says in his heart that there is no God. How foolish is it, then, for those of us who are convinced that God does exist - knowing that He has sent His Son so that we can spend eternity with Him if we accept the sacrifice given and having an awareness that we will stand face to face with Him with our life’s work in our hands - to waste our time on things that have no eternal value? What is important enough to get our eyes off Jesus and His desires for our lives?
Create proper priorities in me, Lord,