- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“Would you do what I ask you to do just because I desire it? Would you do it if it made no worldly sense? What if you gained nothing from it? You see, whether or not it makes worldly sense or whether or not you gain anything from what I ask of you should never be factored into the response you give. Will you do what I ask of you just because you love Me and choose to be obedient to My wishes? Sometimes I have far greater motives than you can see when I ask something of you. Your obedience is much more important than the outcome of anything you do. You need to begin to enjoy walking in obedience to My desires. Your obedience delights My heart. Let that be enough. Have fun just walking where I tell you to walk and doing things just because I ask you to do them. I'll take care of the results My way, in My time, for My glory. I love you.”
I Sam. 15:22 NIV
But Samuel replied: “Does the LORD delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much as in obeying the voice of the LORD? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams.”
Isa. 55:8-9 NIV
8) “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD.
9) “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.”
John 14:23-24 NIV
23) Jesus replied, “If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
24) He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.”
Phil. 4:6-7 AMP
6) Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.
7) And God's peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
What incredible freedom it is to have a firm commitment to do the will of God and to trust Him! Once that commitment is solid, it relieves us from all worry. We know what to do because we have sought His will and then we just do it. It's that simple!
Confusion sets in and becomes overwhelming when ideas, fears, and concepts from the world and its ways take our attention away from what we know to be true. When we are inundated with and flow in the results-oriented attitude of the world, we can't see the hand of God at work even when it is very visible. God's results rarely look the same as the results the world usually provides.
God's ways are very straight-forward. If we do what He asks us to do, He will take care of the rest. We don't have to worry. We don't have to fear if our prayers will be answered. We can peacefully rest in the promise that He is our God, and He will do what is best for us and for His plan to go forth. Everything will be taken care of His way - in His time.
Thank You for Your promises, Lord,