- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“Count the days. Mark the hours. A wondrous time is at hand! I am about to implement what I have been heralding for some time. You, My chosen people, will soon be delivered from the portions of flesh that have been hindering you for so long. You are soon going to experience freedom from fear, lusts of the flesh, and all forbidden desires. Everything will not come at one time; but when you need My power, you will be amazed that your submission has allowed My presence to rise up within you to accomplish what is needed to glorify Me. You will be My workmanship, visible to an unbelieving world.
"The world has been allowed to see the weaknesses in My church. They have chosen to scorn, mock, and laugh. In some cases, their ridicule has been justified. Those who supposedly represent Me have done nothing but flaunt their own immaturity. Human strength, ability, and manipulation will no longer be allowed to replace My anointing. My Holy Spirit will direct those who have been trained to flow in obedience. To the world, an honest representation of Jesus will, once again, be made visible. They will see His life in you, My beautiful children. They will observe His kind of life, even in the most trying circumstances. You will show them who He really is by your every action, and they will be in awe of His majesty.
"I am building character and responsibility in you. Soon it will burst from every corner of your being. You will flow with Me as naturally as I have intended Our relationship to be all along. Those, who have eyes to see, will see; and come to Me because of you. Jesus will be seen, glorified, and embraced by the wise. That is the way it should be. Watch! Watch and be amazed concerning who you have become. You may not see it now; but when it is needed, My Spirit will rise within you for My glory. You will look like Jesus! He is worth seeing!”
Acts 4:29-33 AMP
29) And now, Lord, observe their threats and grant to Your bond servants [full freedom] to declare Your message fearlessly,
30) While You stretch out Your hand to cure and to perform signs and wonders through the authority and by the power of the name of Your holy Child and Servant Jesus.
31) And when they had prayed, the place in which they were assembled was shaken; and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they continued to speak the Word of God with freedom and boldness and courage.
32) Now the company of believers was of one heart and soul, and not one of them claimed that anything which he possessed was [exclusively] his own, but everything they had was in common and for the use of all.
33) And with great strength and ability and power the apostles delivered their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace (loving-kindness and favor and goodwill) rested richly upon them all.
A company of believers—anointed, blessed, and sent forth with power and selfless love—found favor for the appointed season, and changed the world forever. What a heritage! So often, when the promised carving away of my flesh becomes the focus of my days, I begin to forget that there is a time when the purpose for my Lord’s work in me will become evident.
We have an appointment with destiny. You and I, as believers submitting to the hand of God on our lives, have an astounding purpose. We are to represent Jesus Christ—the Redeemer and Savior of the world—to the world. There is no higher calling, no greater privilege, no more worthy mission. We are truly blessed.
Help me to always remember what it’s all about, Lord,