- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“Wait. Wait on Me. Wait for My plans for you to develop. I set them in motion because I care for you. You, however, go about your business, often giving little concern to what I have in mind for you. When will you wake up? When will you understand that the way to My kind of life is through an understanding of My heart? As you go about your own business in your own strength, without concern for My approval, you are moving out from under the Lordship of Jesus and His ways. That is not a good thing. It is not good for you, and it hurts My heart. You need to change your ways. You need to consider your life and find out how much of it is out of order, because you have cared little if I am where you have gone. You need to repent to Me, and then change your ways.”
Exodus 33:13-16 NIV
13) “If I have found favor in your eyes, teach me your ways so I may know you and continue to find favor with you. Remember that this nation is your people.”
14) The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”
15) Then Moses said to him, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here.
16) How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?”
Psalm 37:4 NIV
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Jeremiah 2:13 NIV
“My people have committed two sins: They have forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water.”
Haggai 1:7-10 AMP
7) Thus says the Lord of hosts: Consider your ways (your previous and present conduct) and how you have fared.
8) Go up to the hill country and bring lumber and rebuild [My] house, and I will take pleasure in it and I will be glorified, says the Lord [by accepting it as done for My glory and by displaying My glory in it].
9) You looked for much [harvest], and behold, it came to little; and even when you brought that home, I blew it away. Why? says the Lord of hosts. Because of My house, which lies waste while you yourselves run each man to his own house [eager to build and adorn it].
10) Therefore the heavens above you [for your sake] withhold the dew, and the earth withholds its produce.
We forget how harmful it is for us to go back to our old ways after we have come to the Lord. It is rebellion plain and simple. God is after the heart that desires to serve Him and Him alone, not the one that wants its own way.
Forgive me, Lord,