- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“Submit your needs to Me. I will cover them with My love. Submit your plans to Me. I will apply My wisdom, so that they have eternal value. Most of all, submit your heart fully to Me as Jesus did. I will enlarge it to include all that I am as your God.”
Proverbs 16:9 AMP
A man’s mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps and makes them sure.
Proverbs 20:24a AMP
Man’s steps are ordered by the Lord.
Isaiah 30:21 NIV
Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.”
Matthew 10:29-31 NIV
29) “Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father.
30) And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
31) So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.”
John 5:19-20 NIV
19) Jesus gave them this answer: “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.
20) For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does.”
What an astounding privilege - to have a loving Father Who cares about all of our days and desires to be involved in them for our good!
A spirit of compassionate insight (mourning) is the spirit that “drove” Jesus from His kingly station in the heavens down to earth to take on the form of one of His own created beings. He placed Himself “in the shoes” of each one of us both in this life and for eternity.
Feeling our present and future pain of separation from the Father, there was nothing that He could do but spend His life for us. His focus was on our loss. He cared about what would happen to us if He didn’t intervene on our behalf.
Having no separation between His heart and the heart of His Father, He also took as His own the loss that the Father had because of the sin of mankind, which caused separation. Father longed for all those He loved to cherish His glory for their well-being. Because the Father felt that way, so did Jesus - not in an elementary form of human caring, but with all of the compassions of the Father. When He moved in compassion, our needs and pains were taken on by Him as His own.
Own my heart, Lord,