- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“Soon it will become evident that you will not be able to impart to others what they need to survive. Because they have not responded to My continuous wooing to draw close so that I can give them My Spirit, My wisdom, and My life, they will have nothing to offer anyone. They will not even have enough for themselves. They will ask you for what you have, but you can only send them to Me. I am what they need. They will ask for too much, too late.”
Matt. 25:1-12 NIV
1) “At that time the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.
2) Five of them were foolish and five were wise.
3) The foolish ones took their lamps but did not take any oil with them.
4) The wise, however, took oil in jars along with their lamps.
5) The bridegroom was a long time in coming, and they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
6) At midnight the cry rang out: ‘Here’s the bridegroom! Come out to meet him!’
7) Then all the virgins woke up and trimmed their lamps.
8) The foolish ones said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil; our lamps are going out.’
9) ‘No,’ they replied, ‘there may not be enough for both us and you. Instead, go to those who sell oil and buy some for yourselves.’
10) But while they were on their way to buy the oil, the bridegroom arrived. The virgins who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet. And the door was shut.
11) Later the others also came. ‘Sir! Sir! they said. ‘Open the door for us!’
12) But he replied, ‘I tell you the truth, I don’t know you.’”
To continually remain unresponsive to the Holy Spirit’s wooing to draw close to the Lord, which is clearly evident in this land, is foolish and will reap little reward in the future. When we need what only God can give us, it must be on tap. Future seasons will be overcome with what has been gained from today’s intimacy.
Open my eyes, Lord,