- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“Do you really love Me? Before you answer, you need to remember that I look past your words and observe your actions. Are you obedient to the commands that I have given you - like loving one another, living as Jesus would in the midst of your world, and trusting Me in every aspect of your life? I am going to form you into the image of Jesus. That is My promise to you. Part of your new nature is your ability to love Me and love others, as Jesus did. My interaction with Jesus, and Our interaction with your world, was based on love. When I can trust you to love as He does, We can move together. To be part of anything that We do, your actions must prove your words of love to Me. To do less is simply foolish religion. To say you love Me, and then not do what I ask of you, makes you a liar.”
John 13:34-35 NIV
34) “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
35) All men will know that you are my disciples if you love one another.”
I Th. 3:12-13 AMP
12) And may the Lord make you to increase and excel and overflow in love for one another and for all people, just as we also do for you,
13) So that He may strengthen and confirm and establish your hearts faultlessly pure and unblamable in holiness in the sight of our God and Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah) with all His saints (the holy and glorified people of God)! Amen, (so be it)!
Jas 1:22 AMP
But be doers of the Word [obey the message], and not merely listeners to it, betraying yourselves [into deep deception by reasoning contrary to the Truth].
I John 2:5-6 AMP
5) But he who keeps (treasures) His Word [who bears in mind His precepts, who observes His message in its entirety], truly in him has the love of and for God been perfected (completed, reached maturity). By this we may perceive (know, recognize, and be sure) that we are in Him:
6) Whoever says he abides in Him ought [as a personal debt] to walk and conduct himself in the same way in which He walked and conducted Himself.
There are so many Bible verses pertaining to today’s message that I just chose a few to whet your appetite. Our Father in heaven is very serious about the issue of love. Everything He does is done because of His love. Why then, do we feel that we can function with any other motivation, and believe that we are still in His will?
Help me, Lord,