- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“I want you to be free from the bondages the world would attempt to place on you. Draw close to Me and I will teach you how to love unashamedly. I will free you from the fear of loss. You can stop defending your reputation, for I will be your defender. In times of trouble, I will be your strong tower, your rear guard, your most capable warrior. You will never need to worry about the day’s hardships, for I will always provide for you. Others will prosper, for I will provide for them through your life. You will be blessed in your comings and goings, for you are Mine. You will be able to freely bless others, for I am with you. I love you. I love to set you free. I love to make you complete in Me through Jesus!”
2 Chr. 16:9 NIV
“For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him...”
Psalm 3:1-6 AMP
1) Lord, How they are increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me.
2) Many are saying of me, there is no help for him in God. Selah [pause and calmly think of that]!
3) But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.
4) With my voice I cry to the Lord and He hears and answers me out of His holy hill. Selah [pause and calmly think of that]!
5) I lay down and slept, I awakened again, for the Lord sustains me.
6) I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me round about.
Psalm 18:1-2 NIV
1) I love you, O Lord my strength.
2) The Lord is my rock, my fortress and deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, He is my shield…
In this present time, there is an onslaught to destroy the faith of weak or ignorant Christians. The best way that the enemy can destroy who we are, or what has been done for us through Jesus and the corresponding wonder of our relationship with Him, is to diminish who God really is in our eyes. We must never forget that this is the very same God Moses could not look upon because of His glory.
The “smaller” our God and Lord can be made to appear to us, the weaker He will seem and our faith will become. The weaker He seems, the less we will be in awe of Him. That is hazardous to our walk with Him; and consequently, to our wonder of Him and trust in Him as God.
Fact is, there is only One God. He is El Shaddai. He is more powerful than any need, greater than any foe, and worthy of all honor and glory. His will brought everything into being by simply speaking it into existence. He is God and there is no other. He held our first breath and owns our last. It is right to serve Him and live only for Him.
Teach me to understand Who You really are, Lord,