- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“I call you to a quiet place with Me. It is a place of refreshing for you and a desire fulfilled for Me. Jesus lived and died so that We could be together again after Adam’s sin. He opened the door. You have been born of the Spirit so that you are able to be in My presence. Set aside your lists and requests. Come to speak of the deep things of the Spirit. I will show you My heart and My ways. As you submit yourself to Me, I will show you truth. Come to Me often. It is your redeemed place for eternity. I love to be with you.”
Matt. 14:22-23 NIV
22) Immediately Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and go on ahead of him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowd.
23) After he had dismissed them, he went up into the hills by himself to pray...
Mark 6:30-32 NIV
30) The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to him all they had done and taught.
31) Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, “Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”
32) So they went away by themselves in a boat to a solitary place.
I’ve always wondered why so many of us attempt to do God’s will and spend so little time with Him to know what that really is. A pretty scary pattern has emerged in the church. We take a couple of favorite scriptures and base almost all of our actions on them, thinking that that small piece of His heart is actually the whole.
Is it any wonder that most of us are confused about so many things in life? How often we walk in blindness, when the light of God is available to us if only we took the time to find it by being with Him. It almost seems that we would rather grope in darkness than be with the One who really desires to be with us and show us the way.
I’m sorry for my independent attitude, Lord,