- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“I am calling you back to first love. That means a one and only love. That means a priority love. It also means that you love only what I love, just as Jesus does. There can be no other loves ahead of your love for Me and My Word, if you say that you are a follower of Jesus. If you are Mine through Him, you have His heart. You have His priorities. You should be caring only about the things He cares about and what I care about.
"Why do you serve so many loves? Who has deceived you into thinking that you can love anything of the world and still be in line with My desires for your life? You are like an unfaithful bride, looking to find other more fulfilling partners just before your wedding day. Repent now! Turn completely to Me. I will share My best only with those who desire all of Me, those who have surrendered themselves fully to Me.”
Isaiah 43:21 NIV
the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise.
Zechariah 7:13 NIV
“‘When I called, they did not listen; so when they called, I would not listen,’ says the Lord Almighty.”
Joshua 7:13 AMP
Up, sanctify (set apart for a holy purpose) the people, and say, Sanctify yourselves for tomorrow; for thus says the Lord, the God of Israel; There are accursed things in the midst of you, O Israel, you can not stand before your enemies until you take away from among you the things devoted [to destruction].
Amos 5:4b AMP
…Seek Me [inquire for and of Me and require Me as you require food] and you shall live!
James 4: 8-10 AMP
8) Come close to God and He will come close to you. [Recognize that you are] sinners, get your soiled hands clean; [realize that you have been disloyal] wavering individuals with divided interests, and purify your hearts [of your spiritual adultery].
9) [As you draw near to God] be deeply penitent and grieve, even weep [over your disloyalty]. Let your laughter be turned to grief and your mirth to dejection and heartfelt shame [for your sins].
10) Humble yourselves [feeling very insignificant] in the presence of the Lord, and He will exalt you [He will lift you up and make your lives significant].
Rev 2:2-5 NIV
2) “I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false.
3) You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.
4) Yet I hold this against you: You have forsaken your first love.
5) Remember the height from which you have fallen! Repent and do the things you did at first. If you do not repent, I will come to you and remove your lampstand from its place.”
The person who is pure in heart sees God in every encounter and every situation because he has a pure heart for God. He also continually sees others as God sees them. The pure heart knows that God does everything out of love and understands that anything done in the flesh is opposed to God and embraces God’s desire to remove it.
The pure heart willingly trades his legal rights for the higher calling of submission, repentance, and forgiveness; and will do whatever God asks, no matter what the cost, simply because God is pleased. The pure in heart no longer listens to any dictates of the flesh, so God is able to use him in any way that He chooses. He is subject to God’s higher laws and obeys only what God has determined to be true. He sees God’s truths. Pleasing God is the highest calling to the pure in heart.
I choose to love only You, Lord. Create first love for You in me,