- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“Some people in My church are telling others about a Jesus that they do not personally know. They are telling of one they have only heard about but claim to know intimately. They are doing fleshly works in His Name. They are singing praises in His Name. They are even casting out demons and prophesying in His Name, but they don’t really know Him. They have not spent enough time with Me to get to know Who I am. Do not be part of this. Come to know Me.”
Genesis 1:26 NIV
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness…”
John 1:1-4 NIV
1) In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God.
2) He was with God in the beginning.
3) Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that had been made.
4) In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
Matt. 7:21-23 NIV
21) “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
22) Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’
23) Then, I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’”
Many in today’s church are mesmerized by those who look or sound as if they know God, especially if they perform words of knowledge, exhibit signs and wonders, and display what seem like miracles. There is little discernment about what is being said when the one saying it either talks loudly or shakes as if under an anointing. These kinds of spiritual gymnastics fill churches and gather large audiences.
God is found in the prayer room of repentance. He is in the quiet moments alone with His Word. He loves pressing toward the contrite heart.
Soon, the foolishness that opens pocketbooks through manipulation and leads hearts to another gospel of prosperity will be exposed for what it really is. God will not be mocked. He is calling for a holy people, who desire only the heart of Jesus and are willing to pay any price for it. He is with those who desire only Him and want Him to be glorified in truth.
Guide me to truth, Lord,