- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
"Since the days of Jesus, My kingdom has come upon the earth. What are you doing to further it? What kind of life are you living to proclaim Jesus and have My Word go forth? As Jesus sent His people forth two by two to that generation, I am sending you. I call you to heal the sick. You are to bring life to those who are dead. Do not worry about your life for it is hidden in Christ. I will provide for you. My hand is upon you. My heart is for you. My Holy Spirit is with you. Fear nothing for you are Mine."
Matthew 11:12 NIV
"From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it."
Luke 10:10-11a NIV
10) "But when you enter a town and are not welcomed, go into the streets and say,
11) 'Even the dust of your town that sticks to our feet we wipe off against you.'"
Luke 10:17-20 NIV
17) The seventy-two returned with joy and said, "Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name."
18) He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.
19) I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.
20) However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."
When some of those, who had been sent to proclaim that the kingdom of God was manifesting in that generation, came back, they marveled at the power they had been given. Jesus had them refocus on the importance of who they were in Him, rather than on what they were able to do.
Each of us, who belong to Jesus, has the astounding privilege of furthering God's kingdom in our generation. There is no more important task available to all of mankind. What we do for our Lord with a pure heart will testify of our love for Him during our lifetime.
As important as that is, who we have become is far more important than what we do. Have we taken up our cross, His cross? Have we given all that we are willingly, so that He can live His life through us? Have we exchanged our priorities to own His priorities in our hearts? Have we emptied ourselves of our own interests to take on His heart of love in all that we do?
Jesus lived, died, lived again, and then left so that His life, loves, and heart motives could be reproduced over and over again by the power of the Holy Spirit in each of us who call Him our Lord and Master. None of us, however, are called to give away what we do not own in our hearts. Those who are looking for the truth of God's Word will not listen to those who talk of Jesus, yet do not reflect Him in their words and actions.
Make me like You and send me forth, Lord,
Share this message with others