"Why do you have preconceived notions as to how I am going to answer your prayers? Most of you miss many of My answers, because you are looking for something other than what I have provided for you. You need to look around and try to see My answers to your requests that may already be in your midst. Remember, I always give Myself. That means that My answers come in forms that have to do with strengthening your faith or solidifying your resolve to serve Me.
"Take the time to observe the patterns of your past requests and compare them to how they were answered. Learn My heart. Learn My ways. You will be surprised at how you have missed some wonderful answers simply because you did not recognize them."
Matt. 13:54-58 AMP
54) And coming to His own country [Capernaum], He taught in their synagogue so that they were amazed with bewildered wonder, and said, Where did this Man get this wisdom and these miraculous powers?
55) Is not this the carpenter's Son? Is not His mother called Mary? And are not His brothers James and Joseph and Simon and Judas?
56) And do not all His sisters live here among us? Where then did this Man get all this?
57) And they took offense at Him [that is, they were repelled and hindered from acknowledging His authority, and caused to stumble]. But Jesus said to them, A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house.
58) And He did not do many works of power there, because of their unbelief (their lack of faith in the divine mission of Jesus).
John 1:45-46 AMP
45) Philip sought and found Nathanael and told him, We have found (discovered) the One Moses in the Law and also the Prophets wrote about - Jesus from Nazareth, the [legal] son of Joseph!
46) Nathanael answered him, [Nazareth!] Can anything good come out of Nazareth? Philip replied, Come and see!"
II Cor. 10:10 AMP
For they say, His letters are weighty and impressive and forceful and telling, but his personality and bodily presence are weak, and his speech and delivery are utterly contemptible (of no account).
There are no knights in shining armor, no new redeemers, and no super-spiritual appearing people that are going to come to our rescue. If the Lord sends people when we pray for help, they will point us to Jesus. They will be ordinary, common, everyday people who have spent time with God and have words from the lap of our Father. They will come from common places and have common backgrounds. They will also have an uncommon relationship with the Lord.
Most every answer of God will be a challenge to have us draw closer to the Father in heaven. They will show us the coldness of our own hearts or our dead religion, challenging us to be broken before the Lord. Instead of God changing someone else or our circumstances, He has been known to first change us, allowing us to see our situations through His eyes before things change outwardly. God is in the business of refining His people to become more and more like Jesus. He sometimes uses our requests to show us our needs and improper heart motives, and then reveal His kind of answers.
The Faith Resource Community uses website cookies to give you, the user, a better experience when visiting our site. Cookie settingsACCEPT
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.