- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
"Although you are cherished and I know all that you are, you are only a small part of a much, much bigger plan. You need to widen your horizon concerning Our relationship. You need to understand that My plans don't revolve around you. You are privileged to participate in what I am doing. Your self-focus limits your ability to grow in Me. You have brought Me down to your level, instead of seeing Who I really am. You have made Me small in your eyes. I am much larger than you have brought yourself to believe. Come to Me. Go to My Word. I will expand your vision, open your eyes, and enlarge your faith."
Isaiah 55:8-9 NIV
8) "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares the Lord.
9) "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Ephesians 1:17-19a NIV
17) I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better.
18) I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints,
19) and his incomparably great power for us who believe...
Ephesians 3:10-12 AMP
10) [The purpose is] that through the church the complicated, many-sided wisdom of God in all its infinite variety and innumerable aspects might now be made known to the angelic rulers and authorities (principalities and powers) in the heavenly sphere.
11) This is in accordance with the terms of the eternal and timeless purpose which He has realized and carried into effect in [the person of] Christ Jesus our Lord.
12) In Whom, because of our faith in Him, we dare to have the boldness (courage and confidence) of free access (an unreserved approach to God with freedom and without fear).
Most of us have no power because we have created a weak God in our own minds. He has become our buddy or our servant or our request filler. We hold ourselves in higher esteem than we hold Him. This whole relationship has become about us and our needs, instead of about our Father's plans.
We forget that only the powerful blood of Jesus allows us to come near to Him. Before the cross, to be in His presence meant death. To even look upon the One Who spoke the worlds into existence was impossible.
Forgive me, Lord,