- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“I need you to be a true advocate for Me. What I’m asking is far from a complacent acceptance of Who I am and what Jesus has done. I want you to really defend Me when others mock Who I am. Stand up for Jesus when He is brought low in conversations, or His Name is maligned. Stop being so passive about your love for Me. Stop fearing what others would say if you defended My honor and the honor of Jesus. The world has attempted to quiet My people, so that their lies can be heard. It is working! Your complacency speaks volumes against the power of the cross and nullifies your words of love for Me. Your silence is deafening in the spiritual realm.”
Matt. 5:11-12 NIV
11) “Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me.
12) Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.”
Matthew 16:24-25 AMP
24) Then Jesus said to His disciples, If anyone desires to be My disciple, let him deny himself [disregard, lose sight of, and forget himself and his own interests] and take up his cross and follow Me [cleave steadfastly to Me, conform wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying, also].
25) For whoever is bent on saving his [temporal] life [his comfort and security here] shall lose it [eternal life]; and whoever loses his life [his comfort and security here] for My sake shall find it [life everlasting].
Matthew 26:31 NIV
Then Jesus told them, “This very night you will fall away on account of me, for it is written: I will strike the shepherd and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.”
I Pe. 3:14-16 AMP
14) But even in case you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, [you are] blessed (happy, to be envied). Do not dread or be afraid of their threats, nor be disturbed [by their opposition].
15) But in your hearts set Christ apart as holy [and acknowledge Him] as Lord. Always be ready to give a logical defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope that is in you, but do it courteously and respectfully.
16) [And see to it that] your conscience is entirely clear (unimpaired), so that, when you are falsely accused as evildoers, those who threaten you abusively and revile your right behavior in Christ may come to be ashamed [of slandering your good lives].
Throughout history there have been many followers of Jesus who died rather than renounce their love for Him. There have also been weak, half-hearted believers who renounced Him when they were called upon to testify of their faith.
There is a very subtle form of denial of our faith present in today’s society. It is a practice of saying nothing.
Saying nothing, because it is politically correct, is denial. Saying nothing, when Jesus is made fun of or joked about, is denial. Saying nothing, when a proper word in season in defense of the Lord and His work is in order, is evidence of our weak faith and lack of real love for Whom we say we serve.
Teach me to properly honor You, Lord,