- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“Today I call you to a quiet place in Me. I ask you to find the time to set aside all the typical treasures that hold your attention and rethink your priorities. I ask you to allow Me to remind you who you are because of your relationship with Jesus. It is also important to confirm what your calling is and how far you have deviated from the very specific goal that I have for you. You need to make an accounting of your life, so that you are ready when I call you.
"Make no mistake, I will call you. Most of the world and most of My church are being positioned for a true falling away. They are being drawn to a way of thinking that controls their every move. Soon, they will not be able to awaken from their stupor and will need to be pulled from the bondage they are in. You will need to have everything in order, so that you remain with Me when others leave. Come now. I will show you what is out of order. We will make things right together.”
Matt. 6:31-33 NIV
31) “So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’
32) For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.
33) But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.”
II Thess. 1:11 NIV
With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith.
II Pe.1:5-11 NIV
5) For this reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge;
6) and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness;
7) and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love.
8) For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9) But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.
10) Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall,
11) and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
There is great expectancy in the air for those who are listening to God. Something is about to happen that supersedes the ebb and flow of everyday living. There is a quiet wooing being heard only by those who have turned their ears, attentive to the intimate words of Father God.
At present, the call is out for honest, complete preparation; a re-examination of every motive, goal, and priority, which will result in a fullness of commitment. Soon it will be time to implement. God is preparing a people who are poised and ready for what is ahead - a people capable and trustworthy to carry the Gospel to the starving and confused.
Let me not grow weary in this time, Lord,