- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“I brought forth life, Who overcame death, so that you could live. His Name is Jesus. He is the Lord of everything! You have the high honor of honoring Him for eternity.”
John 1:1-5 NIV
1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2) He was with God in the beginning.
3) Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
4) In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
5) The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood it.
John 1:10-14 NIV
10) He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.
11) He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him.
12) Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God -
13) children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God.
14) The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
The wonder of the provision of salvation given to us by God is far beyond our comprehension. Jesus, Who lived in all of eternity past, was born visibly so that we could be born of the Spirit. He then gave His life to overcome death. We must die to this life, so that we can gain a life that is able to live with Him. He lived to die, so that we could die and really live. That’s some pretty astounding stuff!
We are amazed by You and Your Word, Lord,