- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“I am deeply involved in your life. Most of the time, you cannot see My hand at work or notice the orchestration of events that fulfill My overall plans. At times it may seem as if I have left you because of the degree of pain you are going through. It is vital that you seek My heart during these times, so that you can understand your situation from My perspective. Otherwise you may misinterpret them. If you cannot see My heart, you will miss the whys and reasons for whatever I am doing. You will need answers, rather than trusting Me no matter what happens. You may even become discouraged to the point of cursing Me in your heart, if your portion seems harsh or heartless.
"Everything I do is motivated by My great love for you and for others. Everything I do is for My plan to go forth, so that none should perish. Everything I do has an eternal impact. It is never designed to achieve carnal comfort.”
Matthew 26:53-54 NIV
53) “Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels?
54) But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?”
Luke 12:19-21 NIV
19) “‘And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.”’
20) “But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’
21) “This is how it will be with anyone who stores up things for himself but is not rich toward God.”
Romans 5:3-5 AMP
3) Moreover [let us also be full of joy now!] let us exult and triumph in our troubles and rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that pressure and affliction and hardship produce patient and unswerving endurance.
4) And endurance (fortitude) develops maturity of character (approved faith and tried integrity). And character [of this sort] produces [the habit of] joyful and confident hope of eternal salvation.
5) Such hope never disappoints or deludes or shames us, for God’s love has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit Who has been given to us.
In my travels, I see so many people who say that they follow after the ways of Jesus, but continually question what God is doing if their world becomes a wee bit uncomfortable. I have also been with people who are even afraid to go deeper with God because they know that the refiner’s fires that will be needed to get them there are too scary from their perspective. In turn, their lives are just a shadow of what they could be from an eternal perspective. They continually hover around the area of desiring to go deeper with God yet sit on the sidelines while watching others being used by God. Most of them moan about the fact that they are rarely involved with the real moves of God, not knowing that they have hindered Him from using them because of their focus on their own comfort and their fear of being refined.
Never allow my fear to hinder Your hand, Lord,