- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“Do you fully understand the changes that are happening all around you? If you look past your fears and the lies of the world, you will see that they are My hand of promise and My refining fires of change.
"For some time I have been calling My people to prepare for a time when they will need to really know Me. That time is just on the horizon. For some of you it is already at your door. Do not think that the answers that the world is searching for are the answers I will allow you to partake in. You need to look only to Me. My Holy Spirit will point you to Jesus and His ways. The more you become like Him, the less the world and its fears will be able to touch you.
"I need a people who will do more than just survive in the coming times. I need valiant warriors for the cause of Jesus, people who love as He does and are willing to live as He did in your midst. I want you to be used. Submit to Him this day. Overcome what is happening now and prosper in the times ahead.”
Matthew 11:12 NIV
“From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it.”
Luke 9:23-25 AMP
23) And He said to all, If any person wills to come after Me, let him deny himself [disown himself, forget, lose sight of himself and his own interests, refuse and give up himself] and take up his cross daily and follow Me [cleave steadfastly to Me, conform wholly to My example in living and, if need be, in dying also].
24) For whoever would preserve his life and save it will lose and destroy it, but whoever loses his life for My sake, he will preserve and save it [from the penalty of eternal death].
25) For what does it profit a man, if he gains the whole world and ruins or forfeits (loses) himself?
Acts 4:29-31 NIV
29) “Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness.
30) Stretch out your hand to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.”
31) After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.
We are in the habit of protecting our comfort zones. We spend our lives building and maintaining. When what we have begins to slip through our fingers, we cry and call out for help from our Lord. “Please keep me safe from harm,” we say.
All the safety handles of life are being shown for the fleeting, false security that they always have been. The only real safety is in Jesus. Once we know that, and own it in our hearts, we can be used to do the will of our Father in heaven. He desires that we care nothing for our lives, what we own and what owns us, and really care for His desire that none should perish.
From the looks of things, things are well on their way to being exposed for what they are. Darkness is now being called light, and the real light is laughed at and criticized for being darkness. Those who are walking in the light of Jesus are being called blind and foolish.
At the same time, there is a panic in the hearts of those who have counted on the world and its ways to give them a sense of security and worth. All is falling away. All is becoming hopeless. They need to be given the real answer. His Name is Jesus.
Jesus is now asking you and me if we choose to cower in the darkness with those who cannot see, or desire to bring His light into those places. Are we going to really step into our calling as children of a powerful God and take His answers to those who need Him, or are we going to hide in hovels that have no safety?
Make my light brighter, Lord,