- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“So many of you are walking in fear, but you are in fear of those things that matter little in the light of eternity. You fear the loss of your possessions, your freedoms, and your rights. These fears and others like them consume your time and your energy. They place your focus on the temporal, not the eternal. The enemy of your soul loves to keep you occupied with such things. When you do so, you have little time to focus on those things that really matter, such as Our relationship, Our time together considering your mission, and Our desire for those who need to hear about Jesus.
"Once you understand that all fears disappear when you know Me and My power, you will never focus on things that are passing away again. We can concentrate on important matters. Devour My Word. Listen to My heart. Walk in My love for you. Spend time with Me. Fear is a very foolish waste of time. It is for those who do not really know Me and My Word.”
1) BE MERCIFUL and gracious to me, O God, for man would trample me or devour me; all the day long the adversary oppresses me.
2) They that lie in wait for me would swallow me up or trample me all day long, for they are many who fight against me, O Most High!
3) What time I am afraid, I will have confidence in and put my trust and reliance in You.
4) By [the help of] God I will praise His word; on God I lean, rely, and confidently put my trust; I will not fear. What can man, who is flesh, do to me?
Proverbs 18:10 NIV
The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.
Phil. 4:8-9 NIV
8) Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.
9) Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me - put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.
Phil. 4:6-7 AMP
6) Do not fret or have any anxiety about anything, but in every circumstance and in everything, by prayer and petition (definite requests), with thanksgiving, continue to make your wants known to God.
7 And God’s peace [shall be yours, that tranquil state of a soul assured of its salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with its earthly lot of whatever sort that is, that peace] which transcends all understanding shall garrison andmount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
I remember when I was a kid that the big kid down the block wanted to hurt me... what was his name? I remember when that project at work had this incredible deadline… that was how long ago? I remember how I worried about this one situation…what was that about anyway?
Our Father God holds every moment of every day in His mighty hands. He calls us out from under the weight of our needs and brings us into the realm of His glory. He reigns over everything. He has also invited us to come to Him and promises to cover all our needs. He also has some mighty exciting plans to share with us and our part in them. Maybe it’s time to refocus our attentions on those things that are important and stop fearing things that pass away only to become dim memories.
I’m sorry, Lord,