- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“Even though you may not see it now, there is real value in what I am teaching you through your present trials. You are gaining spiritual wealth and insights that those who scorn you will need from you someday. If that sounds foolish, you need to understand that it is the way of Jesus. He was ridiculed, scorned, and crucified by those who were in need of the salvation that He was providing for them. His heart was for the one who spit on Him.
"You are called to do the same. There are those in your life who are clueless to what you are going through. They have separated themselves from you because they don’t understand. Some have even come against you. You are to keep on loving them. You are to dig in with Me so that you can become all that I plan for you. I am doing the work in you for their good and for others who need to see Jesus. They will call upon you when they are out of answers. You be ready. You love them when they need you. I will be glorified.”
Psalm 3:1-6 AMP
1) Lord, How they are increased who trouble me! Many are they who rise up against me.
2) Many are saying of me, There is no help for him in God. Selah [pause, and calmly think of that]!
3) But You, O Lord, are a shield for me, my glory, and the lifter of my head.
4) With my voice I cry to the Lord and He hears and answers me out of His holy hill. Selah [pause and calmly think of that]!
5) I lay down and slept; I wakened again, for the Lord sustains me.
6) I will not be afraid of ten thousands of people who have set themselves against me round about.
Psalm 51:10 AMP
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right, persevering, and steadfast spirit within me.
Luke 23:34 NIV
Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing.”
Although the Word of God is very personal and our relationship with Jesus is one of intimacy, our lives are to be spent for the good of others just as His was. Otherwise, the whole work of the cross is a sham. God is duplicating Jesus in each of us. Jesus did nothing of Himself, held nothing back when called upon to give His life; and continually intercedes for each of us every moment. Those are some pretty big sandals to fill!
The United States gospel of guaranteed prosperity and utopian goals is for the immature believer at best, and apostate thinking when brought to its final conclusion. It does not mirror the crucified life of Jesus; therefore, it must be flawed. Jesus went through all that you and I are going through and then some, all for the best interests of others. We are to do the same. It really is that simple.
Teach me Your ways, Lord,