- Jim Corbett
- 0 Comments
“Do you know that you are to be a herald and an ambassador, representing and proclaiming the glories of your Lord? My Holy Spirit is to precede you wherever Jesus chooses to make His presence known. After He prepares the way, you are to move with Him, bringing the character of Jesus to those who need to hear and see. Learn your lessons well. Become a study of your Lord. Learn His heart. Put aside any other gods you served at one time, so that you don’t represent them to the ones to whom I send you. Bring His clear life where it is needed through the Holy Spirit’s power. Watch how His life, flowing through you, changes things.”
Acts 4:29-35 NIV
29) “Now, Lord, consider their threats and enable your servants to speak your word with great boldness.
30) Stretch out your hand to heal and perform miraculous signs and wonders through the name of your holy servant Jesus.”
31) After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly.
32) All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of his possessions was his own, but they shared everything they had.
33) With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and much grace was upon them all.
34) There were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned lands or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales
35) and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone as he had need.”
2 Cor. 2:14-16a NIV
14) But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.
15) For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.
16a) To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life.
2 Cor. 5:20 NIV
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us.
Sometimes we forget that one of our primary purposes is to take the indwelling Spirit of Jesus to everyone to whom we are sent. That is who we are, what we do, and one of the very important reasons that we have been born again.
Thank You for reminding me, Lord,